Finally the weather is starting to warm up (hallelujah!) and I can’t help but think about summertime and the ocean. Increasingly, I’m finding myself wandering over to the swimsuit section. Every year, almost without fail, I have the same reaction:
$250 for a bathing suit? You have got to be kidding me!
Are they getting more expensive over the years or do I just suffer from some sort of seasonal pricing amnesia? Don’t get me wrong, I will splurge every now and then, but I can’t help but ask myself: “Why I am paying the same price as a dress for less fabric?” In terms of cost per square inch of coverage, the ratio of a bathing suit is outrageous. (Side note – can we talk about how it’s a straight up crime that most of the time we have to pay for the top AND bottom of a bikini set? Someone needs to be held accountable for this.)
So I decided to search the internet for cutest, most affordable swimsuits for under $50. Here’s what I found:
- Cupshe Court And Spark Fresh Leaves Bikini Set ($21.99)
- Cupshe Matcha Ice Cream Halter Bikini Set ($21.99)
- Cupshe Blue Summer Sewing Falbala Halter Bikini Set ($23.99)
- Miss Guided Ribbed Bardot Bikini Set ($43)
- Forever 21 Girls Graphic One Piece ($19.90)
- Aerie Crochet One Piece (on sale for $19.98)
- Forever 21 Fruit Print One Piece ($24.90)
- Miss Guided Cut Out Tie Back Swimsuit ($38)
- Miss Guided Pom Pom Trim Bardot Swimsuit ($43)
If you have any suggestions or additions to this list, please let me know if the comments below!